Saturday, February 27, 2010

"Arioso"



This is the third and final piece I've created for the Art Factory fundraiser scheduled for March. It's entitled 'Arioso' because the music (which is barely visible in the background) is from "Arioso" by Jean Sibelius a Finnish composer (1865 -1957). Sibelius was a prolific composer but I'd be willing to bet that "Arioso" is one of his most recognizable pieces. Like "The Meditation from Thais"(see previous post), "Arioso" is also one of those pieces that is part of the repertoire of most classical music students. This is another piece that I played years ago while studying with my violin teacher, Eloy Fominaya.

1 comment:

  1. Woah! I hadn't exactly been keeping up lately with all we've had going on, but these last few collages are spectacular. Love the house (mine!), the woman, the nightscape, and the new scroll. Very cool! I think your fundraiser folks are in for a nice surprise.

    ReplyDelete