Saturday, October 31, 2009

Cill Rialaig Collages








JUNE:
Today I'll post the remainder of the collages I completed while at Cill Rialaig in Ireland....... In most of the collages I put organic material from the area itself - - such as dried grasses or sheep's wool.

The image in this post that contains the 'fiddle head (scroll)" is of one of the collages I completed at Cill Rialaig. It contains traditional Irish music and a small sketchy painting of a fiddle scroll. It was untitled until last week when my friend, Kaye, came over looking for a birthday gift for her daugher-in-law, Sara. Sara is a wonderfully versatile musician.....she plays the double bass in our local symphony and also plays in a bluegrass band!! Plus, she teaches in the string program in our county school system.......When Kaye saw this piece she didn't want to look any further......we decided it was 'Sara's Piece' so now it has a proper title. I love it when that kind of thing happens. I like to think that every piece of artwork is created 'for' someone - - it's just a matter of finding out who the 'someone' is!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment